As per the Cabinet decision, the upcoming approved New Year official paid holiday for government and private sectors in the UAE will be on 1st of January 2023.
The MoHRE (Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization) declares next Sunday, January 1, 2023, as an official paid holiday in the UAE for employees of all private sector.
An amazing news for all working on Sundays. However, a partial happiness for those who have Sundays as one of their weekend days.
This counts as the first public holiday of the year 2023, in UAE. Thinking for the upcoming ones?
As per government rules, there might be 6 LONG BREAKS in the upcoming year.
- The upcoming New Year Holiday on 1st January 2023 – a long weekend for those working on Sundays and having off for Friday and Saturday.
- The Eid-ul-Fitr break, that might come on 20th of April along with a long weekend till the 23rd of April.
- The Day of Arafat and Hajj break (Eid-ul-Adha) that might come on June 28th, 29th and 30th.
- Islamic Hijri New Year might come around 19th – 21st of July as per the Georgian calender.
- Then comes the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)’s birthday in the month of Islamic Rabi-ul-Awal that may come on 29th of September 2023.
- Lastly, the year end break to celebrate the UAE National Day on 2nd and 3rd of December 2023.
So, get prepared and plan to visit your next favorite travel destination or attraction for the holidays.