Dubai: Are you a tourist looking to visit the UAE or an expat interested in sponsoring your family in the UAE but are unsure how to go about it? Online and offline applications for visas are both available through the UAE’s immigration authorities.
Here’s how you can get started if you don’t know where to begin.
Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP)
DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA ONLINE
The application process should be completed easily by keeping certain digital copies of certain documents readily available, regardless of whether you use a website or an app. Among them are:
1. Sponsor’s passport copy and sponsored’s passport copy
2. Sponsored person’s photo
3. A copy of the sponsor’s Emirates ID
4. A tourist visa may require the Ejari of the sponsor
5. Attested copies of documents such as birth certificates or marriage certificates.
6. If you are applying for a Golden Visa or a family visa, you may need to provide your labour contract or salary certificate.
GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs)
THE GDRFA DUBAI WEBSITE GDRFAD.GOV.AE IS THE PLACE YOU CAN APPLY FOR A TOURIST, RESIDENT, OR EMPLOYMENT VISA.WHEN YOU APPLY FOR A VISA ONLINE, YOU MUST ENSURE YOU HAVE EASY ACCESS TO ALL THE DOCUMENTS.
Dubai Now App
DubaiNow, the official app for all Dubai government services, is also available through GDRFA Dubai to apply for a visa.
A tourist visa can also be applied for using the website of a UAE airline, such as Emirates or Etihad, if you are planning to visit the UAE. The airline will arrange your visa, however, only if certain conditions are met.
The condition includes flying with them. Booking your ticket also gives you the opportunity to inquire about visa applications.