Singapore Pavilion, named Nature, Nurture, Future. The Singapore Pavilion Expo 2020 will showcase Singapore’s journey towards its growth, sustainability and resilience. It is hard to tell where nature begins and architecture ends. It is said that Urban Redevelopment Authority, URA, will lead Singapore participation in Expo 2020 Dubai.
Expo 2020 Dubai will run from 20th October, 2020 till 10th April 2021.
Singapore is participation in Expo 2020 Dubai is its 4th time. They participated in Expo 2020, 2005, and 2010.
Singapore Pavilion Expo 2020: Nature. Nurture. Future.
WOHA is a Singapore based architectur practice designed the net-zero pavilion which explores the journey towards livability and resilience.
- An immersive 3-dimensional greenery experience
- A net-zero energy rain forest powered by a self-sustaining ecosystem
- The Singapore story through interactive exhibits, programes and flavours
- City in a GardenA three-dimensional green space flanked by forest trees, capped with a spectacular Hanging Garden. Visitors can stroll across an undulating landscape and 9-metre tall Garden Cones, a testament to Singapore’s reputation as a City in a Garden.
- Canopy Walk An experiential journey meandering through the pavilion, where visitors will be engaged by the sights and sounds of nature at the Ground Garden, Garden Cones and Hanging Garden.
- Verdant Garden ConesA series of sculptural Garden Cones draped in vertical greenery, texture and colour form the centrepieces of the pavilion, each featuring exhibits that showcase Singapore’s natural heritage, innovative urban solutions, and multitude of orchid species.
- Sky MarketAn open multi-purpose deck atop the Garden Cones, sheltered by the Solar Canopy and cooled with fine mist. Visitors can discover more about Singapore through exhibits and programmes while enjoying a curated showcase of Singapore’s diverse flavours.Did you know?
One of 3 city-states in the world, Singapore thrives as a compact yet sustainable and liveable city. 85% of the population lives in high-rise public housing, with 8 in 10 homes located within 10 minutes’ walk from a park. One such park space is Singapore’s 1st UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Singapore Botanic Gardens, which is located just 5 minutes away from the iconic Orchard Road shopping belt, named after the plantations that lined it during the 1940s.
Official Website: https://www.singapore2020expo.sg/